Considered an all-time great player, Nack Ballard has done it all in the world of backgammon. He is one of the few players to have been voted onto every Giants of Backgammon listing. Nack is well respected and known as a thoughtful, pleasant, and kind showman within the community. Not only does he have an impressive list of achievements in backgammon, but also in Go, Scrabble, and Color Lines.
NOTABLE AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Voted to the 32 Giants of Backgammon eleven consecutive times including three successive times as #1, twice as #2, and a sixteen-year span in the top ten.
- Won 1982 World Professional Championship in Las Vegas.
- Voted #1 player in the world at U.S. Invitational in Washington, D.C. in 1984.
- Won the prestigious Pro-Am Doubles Championship three times: 2001 with Harvey Huie, 2003 and 2004 with Wayne McClintock.
- Co-authored Backgammon Openings (2007) with Paul Weaver.