Ed O’Laughlin is a Hall-of-Famer in every way. He has been playing backgammon for 38 years, with his game stronger than ever at age 81. He is an avid student of the game and has never lost his curiosity and enthusiasm. He has supported the growth of the Beltway Backgammon, Northern Virginia, and D.C. Metro clubs. He is generous with his time and patience, both as a competitor and a mentor, earning the affection and support of his D.C.-area backgammon family.
NOTABLE AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- He won the $50,000 first-place prize in 1998 at the Tahoe Caesar’s Colossus.
- He is #3 on the all-time ABT list with 347 points, after Neil Kazaross and Ray Fogerlund.
- He was 1st in 2016, and 2nd in 2017, 2013, and 2002.
- He is an eight-time Giant of Backgammon, most recently ranked #21 in 2017.
- He won the USBGF Grand Championship in 2016 and the USBGF National Championship East (2016, 2012).