A gifted and prolific author, publisher, and promoter/director widely respected for his intelligence and insight, Bill Robertie is a two-time World Champion. He is one of only seven players to have been voted onto every Giants of Backgammon listing since its inception.
NOTABLE AWARDS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- World Champion, 1983 and 1987, Monte Carlo.
- Voted to the 32 Giants of Backgammon eleven consecutive times.
- Author of Advanced Backgammon, Volumes 1 and 2 (1991), Backgammon for Winners (1993), Backgammon for Serious Players (1997), 501 Essential Backgammon Problems (2000), and Modern Backgammon (2001).
- Publisher of Inside Backgammon magazine with Kent Goulding (1991 to 1998).
- Organizer/director, with Kent Goulding, of the World Cup (known as the U.S. Invitational in early years) from 1984 through 1998.