families of skew assymetric met tables

Home Forums General Discussion families of skew assymetric met tables

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dave Zick 1 year, 2 months ago. This post has been viewed 557 times

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Dave Zick

MET tables usually are created with the assumption that tournament combatants are equal in strength…but that is rarely the case. In order to further explore tournament strategic features, it would be cool to create a family of skew assymetric met tables….similar to the pvt diagram in thermodynamics, this could be useful for visualizing certain match strategic features….pictures are usually more useful than either numbers or words ….we remember faces best..huge visual cortex…yadda yadda….so…it would be cool to create a family of met tables that, when smoothed out by interpolative methods would form a surface…i recommend individual game winning percentages from 50 to 65…Emergent match strategic features just might materialize by utilizing this method…someone has to do it someday….

Hi Dave. You may wish to consider the book by Jake Jacobs and Walter Trice titled, “Can a Fish Taste Twice as Good?”

For further information, please see: http://www.bkgm.com/books/JacobsTrice-CanAFishTasteTwiceAsGood.html

Dave Zick

Thank you…although I have heard of this book, I have never actually seen a copy… i should check it out!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.