The U.S. Backgammon Federation is a member-run organization staffed primarily by volunteers. We invite you to donate your time and expertise by volunteering. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how you can help.
Priority areas for assistance include:
- Computer programmers skilled in PHP, OOD and MySQL to assist with enhancements to the USBGF ratings and stats system and other website development.
- WordPress Administration or software development.
- Fund raiser with development officer experience.
- Director of Advertising to solicit ads for PrimeTime Backgammon magazine and website
- Writers for the PrimeTime Backgammon electronic magazine.
- Top-level players to play 5-point recorded matches with new members.
- Top-level players/instructors to provide complimentary lessons to Founding Sponsors.
- Mentors for new beginner-level members.
- Accounting/finance expertise to oversee preparation of financial reports, working with our accounting manager.
- Data entry of tournament results.
- Recording matches of top-level players and data entry of recorded matches in eXtreme Gammon software.
- Assisting with U-streaming matches of tournament finals.
- Staffing for USBGF tournament desk, membership desk, and/or Gear Depot boutique selling USBGF merchandise at tournaments, and managing online tournaments.
- Photography for use on website and PrimeTime Backgammon magazine articles.
- Video production and/or reviewing/recommending videos for posting on website.
- Graphic design and producing brochures.
- Writing ads and promotional material.
- Formatting articles for publication in PrimeTime Backgammon using Adobe Creative Suite software.